John Currie, Co-Founder & Chief Technical Officer , Chief Technical Officer / Chief Executive Officer
John V. Currie, is the co-founder of Currie Associates, Inc.
He has over 40 years of hands-on experience in the hazardous materials compliance industry.
His extensive background includes:
- The former supervisor and trainer for the New York State Police Hazardous Materials Enforcement Unit
- Director of Safety and Hazardous Materials Specialist for the American Trucking Associations
- Corporate Manager of Hazardous Materials Transportation for Digital Equipment Corporation
- Administrator and Chief Technical Officer for the International Vessel Operators Dangerous Goods Association (IVODGA)
- Administrator and Chief Technical Officer for the Council on Safe Transportation of Hazardous Articles (COSTHA)
Throughout his career in the transportation safety field, he has worked with legislative and regulatory staffs at the state, federal, and international level to draft, introduce, support, and implement reasonable and prudent controls within the transportation industry. He has developed and presented written and oral testimony on hazardous materials and transportation safety in both Houses of the U.S. Congress. He has written several books on the guiding principles of hazardous materials transportation and participates in the International Maritime Organization Dangerous Goods Subcommittee and the United Nations Sub Committee of Experts on the Transportation of Dangerous Goods. He has participated on several committees of the National Academy of Sciences Transportation Research Board.
In addition to hundreds of industry seminars, Mr. Currie has taught the principles of hazardous materials transportation management at seminars and undergraduate and graduate degree programs at US universities.email address: firstname.lastname@example.org