Multimodal Transportation of Lithium Battery Regulations in Spanish Webinar - June 14, 2018
Multimodal Transportation of Lithium Battery Regulations in Spanish
June 14, 2018
9 am-1 pm (Mountain Time)
$225 per registered attendee
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Anyone who is involved in the shipment of lithium batteries quantities by air, ground, and/or ocean transport, both domestically and/or internationally.
Hazardous Materials Transportation General Awareness Training.
Rodolfo Koria Maynez – view instructor details here
This live, instructor-led webinar training is designed to highlight the most recent changes to the lithium battery regulations and will provide explanations on the changing Provisions and requirements both domestically and internationally. We will identify the application and effective dates by mode for the new Class 9 lithium battery label and new lithium battery mark as well specifics on how to safely transport lithium batteries and equipment containing lithium batteries.
The training program addresses the following:
- Different types of lithium batteries and how are they defined in the regulations
- Exceptions for shipping small lithium batteries
- Effective dates of the new Class 9 lithium battery label and new lithium battery mark
- How to package and ship lithium batteries by air (ICAO/IATA)
- How to package and ship lithium batteries by vessel (IMDG)
- How to ship lithium batteries domestically in the US
- How the most recent changes to ICAO/IATA impact lithium battery shipments
This course does not satisfy the training requirement in §172.704(a) for general awareness/familiarization or security awareness training.
Prior to the webinar, an electronic student workbook and handouts will be emailed to registered attendees to print. An exam will be emailed separately on the day of the webinar.
You may also use the current editions of the 49 CFR, IATA, and IMDG Code, but not required. Regulatory books can be ordered here.
A certificate (to be signed by the student’s employer) will be provided to those who successfully complete the training and exam.