Julie Prescott , Sr. Technical Consultant
Julie has over 16 years of experience working with dangerous goods regulations Canada, U.S. and international transport of dangerous goods. Her extensive background includes:
- Most recently as Analyst, Special Regulatory Projects, for the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulatory Affairs Branch at Transport Canada.
- Participated in regulatory drafting for development and amendment of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Regulations.
- Contributed in interpreting the TDGR to stakeholders and to the general public and provided dangerous goods classification advice.
- Provided expertise in the issuance of equivalency certificates for TDG for times where exceptions to the regulations are warranted.
- Reviewed and advised the technical and scientific aspects of the proposals submitted to United Nations Sub-Committee of Experts on the TDG, as well as those submitted to the International Maritime Organization (IMO) Sub-Committee on Carriage of Cargoes and Containers (CCC) and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Dangerous Goods Panel.
- Participated in the drafting of proposals, notably on the classification of corrosive substances.
- Involved in the revision of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods – Manual of Tests and Criteria to include the proper reference to the Globally Harmonized System of classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS).
- Attended UN meetings in Geneva and the ICAO meetings in Montreal.
- As an Emergency Response Advisor at CANUTEC, she received the same specialized training in emergency response that first responders receive in order to provide appropriate advice during dangerous goods emergencies.
- Currently Julie provides technical consulting services to Currie Associates, the Council on Safe Transportation of Hazardous Articles (COSTHA), and the International Vessel Operators Dangerous Goods Association (IVODGA). She also serves as the COSTHA representative at the RID/ADR/ADN Joint Meeting, and in both the Multi-Association Committee on the Transport of Dangerous Goods (MACTDG) and the General Policy Advisory Council (GPAC).
Julie has a Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences from the University of Montreal and a Bachelor’s Degree in Education from the University of Ottawa, as well as an Occupational Health and Safety Certificate from the Université du Québec en Outaouais.email address: email@example.com