We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you agree with any changes.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information.
- What personal information do we collect?
- When ordering or registering on our Site you may be asked to enter your name, member name, email address, mailing address, payment information or other details to help you with your experience.
- When you browse our Site, we also automatically receive traffic data registered by the hosting servers, cookies that may share some personal data and your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address. We also use the information offered by other external services for traffic analysis, such as Google Analytics.
- When do we collect information?
- We collect information from you when you register on our Site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter or enter information on our site. Also, we may collect information automatically as you navigate through the Site or through other people when you use services associated with the Site.
- How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you for the following main purposes:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To operate the Site and provide you with services described on it, like to verify your identity when you sign in to the Site or to process your transactions made on Site.
- To provide you with updates, promotions and marketing information about products and services.
- To improve the quality of our website and products.
- For internal record keeping and statistical purposes.
- To administer a survey or other Site feature.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- Resolve problems and disputes.
Grounds for Using Your Personal Data
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we are relying on the following lawful grounds to collect and process any personal data you may have provided.
- Legitimate Business Interests: To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information. To notify you about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may impact our service. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- Performance of Contract: To meet our contractual commitments to you and in performance of contractual obligations to you.
- User Consent: We may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected. If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means for which you provided consent. If you do not want us to use your data for ourselves or third-parties, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data. Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors such as your title, company name or demographical area.
- Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties
As a rule, Currie Associates, Inc. will not sell, trade or otherwise transfer any personal data about its users to third parties without explicit consent from the users.
This does not include:
- other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business (including lawyers and accountants and hotels) or serving our users.
- authors whose products we sell or companies who resell or distribute these products.
- business partners or prospective business partners, in operations such as sale, acquisition, merger of our assets.
- All those parties agree to keep this information confidential and to their treatment according to the laws and rules on personal data protection.
Communications and Emails
When we communicate with you about our website, we will use the email address you provided when you registered as a member or user. We may also send you emails with promotional information about our website, services, products or offers from us or our affiliates unless you have opted out of receiving such information. You can opt-out of these electronic communications at any time by following the instructions in our emails. You can change your contact preferences at any time through your account or by sending us an email with your request to: email@example.com. We will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third party without your permission except in the sale or transfer of our business.
Legally Required Releases of Information
We may be legally required to disclose your personal data if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties, including you and/or other users or members; or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of our company, users, employees, and affiliates.
Disclosures to Successors
If our business is sold or merges in whole or in part with another business that would become responsible for providing the website to you, we retain the right to transfer your personal data to the new business. The new business would retain the right to use your personal data according to the terms of this privacy notice as well as to any changes to this privacy notice as instituted by the new business. We also retain the right to transfer your personal data if our company files for bankruptcy and some or all of our assets are sold to another individual or business.
Retaining and Destroying Your (personal data)
We retain information that we collect from you (including your personal data) only for as long as we need it for legal, business, or tax purposes. Your information may be retained in electronic form, paper form, or a combination of both. When your information is no longer needed, we will destroy, delete, or erase it.
Updating Your (personal data)
You can update your personal data using services found on our website. If no such services exist, you can contact us using the contact information found at the top of this notice and we will help you. However, we may keep your personal data as needed to enforce our agreements and to comply with any legal obligations.
Revoking Your Consent for Using Your personal data
You have the right to revoke your consent for us to use your personal data at any time. Such an opt out will not impact disclosures otherwise permitted by law including but not limited to: (i) disclosures to affiliates and business partners, (ii) disclosures to third-party service providers that provide certain services for our business, such as credit card processing, computer system services, shipping, data management services, (iii) disclosures to third parties as necessary to fulfill your requests, (iv) disclosures to governmental agencies or law enforcement departments, or as otherwise required to be made under applicable law, (v) previously completed disclosures to third parties, or (vi) disclosures to third parties in connection with subsequent surveys or promotions you may choose to enter, or third-party offers you may choose to accept. If you want to revoke your consent for us to use your personal data, send us an email with your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is stored on secured servers and networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We have built our website using industry-standard security measures and authentication tools to protect the security of your personal data. We and the third parties who provide services for us, also maintain technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal data. When we collect your credit card information through our website, we will encrypt it before it travels over the Internet using industry-standard technology for conducting secure online transactions. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee against the loss or misuse of your personal data or secure data transmission over the Internet because of its nature. We strongly urge you to protect any password you may have for our website and to not share it with anyone. You should always log out of our website when you finish using it, especially if you are sharing or using a computer in a public place.
Use of Your Credit Card
All financial transactions are processed through a payment gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
You may have to provide a credit card to buy products and services from our website. We use third-party billing services and have no control over these services. We use our commercially reasonable efforts to make sure your credit card number is kept strictly confidential by using only third-party billing services that use industry-standard encryption technology to protect your credit card number from unauthorized use. However, you understand and agree that we are in no way responsible for any misuse of your credit card number.
International Data Transfers and Storage
Personal data that we collect from you may be stored, processed, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate, specifically the United States. The European Union has not found the United States to have an adequate level of protection of personal data under Article 45 of the GDPR. Our company relies on derogations for specific situations as defined in Article 49 of the GDPR. For European Union customers and users, with your consent, your personal data may be transferred outside the European Union to the United States. We will use your personal data to provide the goods, services, and/or information you request from us to perform a contract with you or to satisfy a legitimate interest of our company in a manner that does not outweigh your freedoms and rights. Wherever we transfer, process or store your personal data, we will take reasonable steps to protect it. We will use the information we collect from you in accordance with our privacy notice. By using our website, services, or products, you agree to the transfers of your personal data described within this section.
Links to Other Websites
We may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. You acknowledge that your use of and access to these websites are solely at your risk. It is your responsibility to check the privacy policies of these websites to see how they treat your personal data. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed
- You have the right to be informed about the personal data we collect from you, and how we process it.
- The right of access
- You have the right to get confirmation that your personal data is being protected and have the ability to access your personal data.
- The right to rectification
- You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
- You have the right to request the removal or deletion of your personal data if there is no compelling reason for us to continue processing it.
- The right to restrict processing
- You have a right to ‘block’ or restrict the processing of your personal data. When your personal data is restricted, we are permitted to store your data, but not to process it further.
- The right to data portability
- You have the right to request and get your personal data that you provided to us and use it for your own purposes. We will provide your data to you within 30 days of your request. To request your personal data, please contact us using the information at the top of this privacy notice.
- Filing a Complaint with Authorities
- You have the right to file a complaint with supervisory authorities if your information has not been processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation. If the supervisory authorities fail to address your complaint properly, you may have the right to a judicial remedy.
Currie Associates, Inc.’s website www.currieassociates.com follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this as a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to delete or turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings.
If you disable cookies installation or you delete cookies from your computer’s hard disk you may be unable to use some of the features of our website, products and services.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about the use of the website, such as pages visited, traffic sources, users’ interests, content management, and other website measurements.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the website to remember a user’s choices – such as their language, user name, and other personal choices – while using the website. They can also be used to deliver services, such as letting a user, listen to audio or watch videos on the website.
- Media Cookies: These cookies can be used to improve a website’s performance and provide special features and content. They can be placed by third parties who provide services to us or by our company.
- Advertising or Targeting Cookies: These cookies are usually placed and used by advertising companies to develop a profile of your browsing interests and serve advertisements on other websites that are related to your interests. You will see less advertising if you disable these cookies.
- Session Cookies: These cookies allow websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session. They may be used for a variety of purposes, such as remembering what a user has put in their shopping cart as they browse a website. Session cookies also permit users to be recognized as they navigate a website so that any item or page changes they make are remembered from page to page. Session cookies expire after a browser session; thus, they are not stored long term.
- Persistent Cookies: These cookies are stored on a user’s device in between browser sessions, which allows the user’s preferences or actions across a site (or, in some cases, across different sites) to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for a variety of purposes, including remembering users’ choices and preferences when using a website or to target advertising to them.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart
- Allowing you to share content with social networks
- Affiliate marketing
- Identifying the areas of our website that you have visited
- Personalizing content that you see on our website
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits
- Keep track of advertisements
- Remarketing our products or services to you
- Remembering your preferences, settings, and login details
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future
- We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
We may also use a technology called web beacons to collect general information about your use of our website and your use of special promotions or newsletters. The information we collect through web beacons allows us to statistically monitor the number of people who open our emails. Web beacons also help us to understand the behavior of our customers, members, and visitors.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child is using our website, please contact us. Before we remove any information, we may ask for proof of identification to prevent malicious removal of account information. If we discover that a child is accessing our website, we will delete his/her information within a reasonable period of time. You acknowledge that we do not verify the age of our users nor do we have any liability to do so.