L’Gena Shaffer, CDGP , Sr. Technical Consultant
L’Gena has over 25 years of transport experience with emphasis managing regulatory compliance programs.
Her extensive background includes:
- Development and delivery of dangerous goods training programs for all modes.
- 49 CFR for Ground transport in the US
- International Air Transport (ICAO/IATA)
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code
- ADR for ground transport in the EU and the contracting parties
- The safe and compliant transport of lithium batteries
- Participation in the US Postal Service Mailers Technical Advisory Committee (MTAC)
- Project Manager in the Dangerous Goods Management Group, DOT Liaison for consumer protection compliance and Analyst Interline and Industry Affairs at Delta Airlines.
- Facilitation of Complaint Resolution Official (CRO) training for compliance with non-discrimination on the basis of disability in air travel and representation at industry meetings (IATA and Airlines for America (formerly Air Transport Association)).
- Observer to the IATA (International Air Transport Association) Dangerous Goods Board (DGB)
- Currently L’Gena leads the COSTHA Air Carrier Roundtable representing air carriers from all industry segments – cargo, passenger, regional and helicopters. In this position she successfully led the FAA aviation rulemaking committee (ARC) negotiating resolution to the differences in domestic and international regulations for passenger notification of hazardous materials.
- Serving as a Technical Consultant and Instructor for Currie Associates, the International Vessel Operators Dangerous Goods Association (IVODGA) and the Council on Safe Transportation of Hazardous Articles (COSTHA)
- Participation at the UN Sub Committee of Experts (UN SCOE) on the Transport of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
L’Gena has also served as Vice Chair of the IATA Reservations Committee, Chair of the DOT Resource Group and Co-Chair of the Disability Working Group focusing on regulatory compliance programs. L’Gena has successful experience managing cross divisional corporate compliance programs, dangerous goods/hazardous material management and industry standards. She has presented at the COSTHA Annual Forum on transportation issues and the United Kingdom Civil Aviation Authority Seminar “Ensuring The Safe Transport of Electric Mobility Aids”. And, she has extensive experience in customer service, consumer protection, and non-discrimination in air travel.
L’Gena holds a Certified Dangerous Goods Professional (CDGP) Credential and is an approved Dangerous Goods Instructor by the United Kingdom Civil Aviation Authority. She received her Bachelor of Science in Social Science, Human Services degree from Mercer University.email address: firstname.lastname@example.org