Tom Ferguson, PG, CHMM, DGSA , Director of Technical Services and Instructor
Tom has over 20 years of transport experience with emphasis on the safe and efficient transportation of dangerous goods.
His extensive background includes:
- Development and delivery of dangerous goods training programs for all modes.
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code
- International Air Transport (ICAO/IATA)
- ADR for ground transport in the EU and the contracting parties
- The safe and compliant transport of batteries
- Serving as head of delegation to the UN Sub-Committee of Experts (UN SCOE) on the Transport for Dangerous Goods for the Council on Safe Transportation of Hazardous Articles (COSTHA)
- Serving as the Secretariat for the UN Informal Working Group on Lithium Batteries
- Elected Member of the IATA Dangerous Goods Board
- Elected Member of the IATA Dangerous Goods Training Task Force
- Participation on the Air Transport Association (ATA) Hazardous Materials Committee and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and chairing the COSTHA Air Carrier Roundtable.
- Involvement with the National Academies of Sciences Transportation Research Board
Previously Tom served as the Manager, Dangerous Goods Management for Delta Airlines. Currently he serves as the senior technical consultant for the International Vessel Operators Dangerous Goods Association (IVODGA) and the Council on the Safe Transportation of Hazardous Articles (COSTHA) as well as the Director of Technical Services for Currie Associates.
Tom received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Geology from Georgia State University, and a Master of Science Degree in Coastal and Hydrogeology from the University of South Florida.email address: firstname.lastname@example.org