COVID-19 - Resources
Currie Associates’ Commitment to You. We at Currie Associates would like to extend our best wishes and thoughts to our clients, their families and the entire hazmat community during this difficult time. Responses to the COVID-19 outbreak are constantly changing and that has an obvious impact to all our operations as well as employees’ and their families’ lives. We are all in this together, and we want you to know that Currie Associates is here for you. Currie Associates Inc. has been designated as an essential business and we are well equipped with necessary resources to follow CDC guidelines of social distancing, respond to daily changes, and continue to operate our business to support your needs without interruption.
Where onsite training may not be practical, we remain prepared to provide training via webinar or through our library of online e-Learning courses.
If you are experiencing staffing shortages with your regulatory compliance or EHS employees during this time, we are here and available to support your needs. We can help with your DG transportation related questions, classification and product review, SDS review, and more.
We greatly appreciate your business and will continue to navigate these trying times together! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via phone or email.
Contact Us at: 1-518-761-0668 or email@example.com
- COVID-19 – https://www.coronavirus.gov/
- PHMSA Assistance During COVID-19
- US DOT PHMSA COVID-19: Frequently Asked Questions
- EPA Frequent Questions about Waste and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- International Group online COVID-19 tracker
- COVID-19 measures, updates, and guidance issued by Transport Canada
- Transport Canada Forward Regulatory Plan
- Transport Canada – Temporary Transport-Related Measures during COVID-19
- IGP&I COVID-19 Information Dashboard Tracker
- IATA – Dangerous goods (including alcohol based sanitizers) guidance for Operators (pdf)
- US EPA – COVID-19 Implications for Signing Paper Hazardous Waste Manifests
- PHMSA Temporary Relief Notice for the Transportation of Hand Sanitizer During COVID-19 Emergency
- PHMSA Notice on HAZMAT Shipping Paper Requirements and Social Distancing
- PHMSA Notice of Enforcement Discretion for Cylinders
- PHMSA Revised Relief Notice for the Transportation of Hand Sanitizers
- PHMSA Guidance to State Pipeline Safety Programs Regarding COVID-
- PHMSA Enforcement Policy Notice Regarding Hazardous Materials Training
- COVID-19 Hazardous Materials Emergency Special Permits
USPS New Mailing Standards for COVID-19 related Category B Infectious Substances. The USPS has published a temporary final rule on new mailing standards for COVID-19 related Category B infectious substances on a temporary basis until the public health emergency (declared on March 13, 2020) is terminated.
Publication 52, Hazardous, Restricted, and Perishable Mail regulations, Packaging Instructions 6C have been revised to address the public health emergency and to support the distribution of diagnostic test kits using the mail. All shippers of COVID-19 related infectious substances Category B must obtain authorization from the Postal Service prior to mailing to ensure the diagnostic kits are properly packaged, marked, and labeled.
Please find additional information in the April 23, 2020 Postal Bulletin